Session 1 (ages 7-15) July 14th-19th
Session 2 (ages 16-21) July 21-26th
Caseworker Form 2013 Application.pdf
Doctor form 2013 application.pdf
ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR CAMP ADMISSION
An eligible applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 7 and 21 during the Sunshine Camp Session;
- Have a physical or mental disability;
- Have the ability to effectively communicate needs to a camp counselor (this communication may consist of a verbal, audible, or physical response such as an eye shift or a very slight gesture; persons in a minimally responsive state would not meet this criteria);
- Is not abusive towards him/herself or others, i.e. does not physically, verbally, or sexually abuse self or others, which abuse may include hitting, biting, scratching, spitting, kicking, excessive swearing, excessive or inappropriate yelling or verbal degradation, inappropriate touching or fondling or other inappropriate behavior;
- Does not pose a direct threat to himself/herself or others that cannot be eliminated or reduced below the level of a direct threat with or without reasonable accommodation. Direct threat is defined as a substantial risk of harm to the camper or others; direct threat may include having a highly contagious condition such as tuberculosis, hepatitis, an open or draining wound or rash, topical parasites, etc. or other conditions that may be spread through casual human contact;
- Does not have a medical condition or impairment that requires specialized medical treatment (i.e. intravenous infusions, awake overnight monitoring);
- Does not have a medical condition or impairment that has a substantial risk or likelihood for complication or injury;
- Is in acceptable health as indicated by: Not having a temperature greater than 99.5°F orally; not having blood pressure greater than 160/90; not having a heart rate greater than 120 BPM;
- Has ability to eat or drink or take in amounts adequate for nutritional support;
- Agrees to and takes personal prescription medication.
- Clears a background check if over the age of 18.
- Resides in Monroe County or bordering counties (Orleans, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Wayne) *exceptions will be made based on “Out of County Acceptance Procedure on the online application”
All acceptances of application are conditional. The Sunshine Camp reserves the right to accept or deny applications or defer admission on site or prior to attendance should it later become aware that the initial application was flawed or the camper’s health has severely declined or upon demonstration that a camper does not meet the applicable eligibility criteria. All deferrals or revocation of admission must be approved by the Camp Director.
Questions? Contact Brandi Koch, firstname.lastname@example.org